• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

Hamfest (VU7) December 1-10 : Application for Indian partici

News to HamRadioIndia Home page

Hamfest (VU7) December 1-10 : Application for Indian partici

Postby vu2jos » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:53 am

We are happy to inform you that the Hon’ble Minister for Communications and IT has approved the NIAR proposal for holding Hamfest – a convention of International amateur Radio operators in Lakshadweep Islands (VU7). The event will be held during December 1-3rd, 2006. The event also coincides the year of Golden Jubilee celebrations of Union Territory of Lakshadweep. Another major attraction for the event is that Indian and Foreign hams can obtain permission from Government of India to operate their Amateur Radio stations during the HAMFEST being held at Lakshadweep Islands during December 1-10, 2006.

We understand that the operating permission will be issued on individual basis to every ham participant. Hence, we now request Indian Hams to send the application form given below:

1. Change of Location duly filled up along with photocopy of Amateur Radio licence and valid renewal slip for obtaining the permission to operate from VU7 as required by WPC, DOT to obtain necessary permission (2 copies)

2. Personal Details of the Applicant (7 copies).

The application forms may be sent to NIAR with relevant details at the earliest to National Institute of Amateur Radio, Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad-500082. Tel/fax: 040-23310287.

Several agencies of Government of India have came together to support Amateur Radio activity in our country, particularly the Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Tourism, Lakshadweep Administration, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of HRD and Department of Telecommunications. This was made possible with encouragement we received from DX agencies like GDXF, Germany and DERA, USA

You would appreciate that, this is for the first time in Indian history that such an event is approved by the Government of India for VU7 and a permission to operate from there given to as many individuals either Indian and Foreign hams. The chances of repeating such an event may not be possible in the near future.

We request your continuous support and NIAR is putting every effort to make your trip a memorable event.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,

(S.Suri, VU2MY)

Encl:

1. Format of application form for change of location

2. Personal Particulars form Individual Ham operator

APPLICATION FORM FOR CHANGE OF LOCATION

Date:

To:

The Assistant Wireless Advisor to Govt. of Ministry of Communication & Information Technology,

Department of Telecommunications,

WPC Wing,

Amateur Cell, 6th Floor, Sanchar Bhavan,

Ashoka Road, New Delhi

Dear Sir,

Sub: Request for permission to operate from Lakshadweep Is. – reg.

Ref: My Callsign: Licence No. Valid Upto:

I am attending the Hamfest conducted on December 1-10, 2006 at Lakshadweep Islands. I would like to operate Amateur Radio station from there during that occasion. So I request to kindly issue permission for the same. The details are as follows:

Proposed dates of operation :

To : December 10, 2006

Proposed location of Station : Lakshadweep Islands

Preferred choice of callsign(s) : 1. VU7 2. VU7
3. VU7

Enclosed please find a copy of my licence and renewal slip along with Demand Draft for Rs.10.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully ( )

Encl:

1. Copy of licence

2. Copy of Renewal Slip (if applicable)

3. Demand Draft from SBI in favour of " Pay & Accounts Officer (HQ),
    DOT " payable at New Delhi Service Branch.

Format of PERSONAL DETAILS OF THE APPLICANT can be download from HERE

Jose Jacob, VU2JOS
National Institute of Amateur Radio
Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad-500082, India

Cell: +91 94416 96043
Tel.+91 40 6516 7388 Telefax: +91 40-2331 0287
vu2jos

Return to News