• ADVERTISE

How to become a ham

Ask 1000's of hams your question...

Re: How to become a ham

Postby lkopandit » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 am

Dear Anish

Pl go through the link

www.chennaihs.blogspot.com

here you can get the email addresses of many Hams of chennai or go though following the link
www.vu2qar.com - from here you can get the cell phone numbers of many hams.

73's
de
PANDIT, VU2DCT
lkopandit

Postby Anish » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Dear lkopandit,
Thanks for your links. but that is chennaihams.blogspot.com

Could you please write few steps to get started from the beginning?

Thanks
Anish

Postby pratjoehahn » Tue May 15, 2012 9:20 am

Hello,
I am from Bhubaneswar, Odisha. I just gave my 12th board exams this year (2012).
I want to apply for a Grade 1 HAM Licence.
The book that you guys mentioned "ABC of Amateur Radio".....Well, I can't find it anywhere.
Since I could not find it, I started looking for information over the Internet. Most of the websites onn Indian Amateur Radio looked ancient ( No offence!!).
Still, I have remembered the Morse and the NATO callsigns for all alphabets and numerals, but I need to know about everything on sending and receiving Morse Code.
As far as the theory is concerned, I know stuff till 12th grade. Although, I have to learn a lot about Radio. And the rules of our country. So that's why, I need the book. I even tried to search on Flipkart and Google, but I got no results.
OK, so I have some questions:
1. Is there any HAM radio club in Bhubaneswar? I am serious. Any HAMs living in Bhubaneswar. Please respond A.S.A.P. to this post. If there's a club in Bhubaneswar, then, I would love to have the address. I see no clubs in Odisha, on this link http://www.niar.org/clubs.html
2. Is there a WPC monitoring sation in Bhubaneswar? As far as I know, there are none in Odisha.
So how do I give the Exam? It is not viable for me to go to another state to give the Exam.
3. Where can I get that book?? I think I will check the local bookstores tomorrow.
4. What is the difference between Grade 1 and Advanced Grade Licence?? Can I get weather charts with Grade 1 Licence?? :D I am excited!!
5. There seems to be an argument on the Morse Code Words per min for G1 Licence. Is it 8 or 12 words per min??
6. The Price - I want to apply for G1 Licence and also for Lifetime validity of the Licence.

Thanks a lot.

(Pratjoehahn)
pratjoehahn

Postby lkopandit » Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Dear Friend

You may follow the links given below:
www.serc-dst.org/HamSearch.htm - to locate the Radio amateur near you (may be old info)
www.qsl.net/vu2kyp/hamstudy.pdf - for study material
www.wpc.dot.gov.in - for rules & regulations

You may call on my cell phone for any help +919450911438, if desired.

73's
de
PANDIT, VU2DCT
lkopandit

Postby VU3GDP » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:48 am

Amateur Radio Society of Odisha is there from long back. Active now. Contact me vu3gdp@gmail.com for more details.
VU3GDP

Previous

Return to Help desk