• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

HELP TO BECOME HAM

Upcoming ASOC (Amateur Station Operator's Certificate/Ham Radio) examinations & related informations

HELP TO BECOME HAM

Postby demetal » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:56 am

Hi,

I have just completed my B.tech in ECE and my next target is to become a ham... I know the procedures to get part of it... but i have some doubts regarding the examinations to be written... I came to hear that a B.tech graduate can skip the elementary electronics part and need to write only the rules & regulation part and Morse code part...I want to know whether this is true..?

Also is there any better way to learn the Morse code.. I need suggestions from the experts...

Is there any Morse code training center in kochi (kerala)...?

Thanks
Sooraj
1873*
demetal

Re: HELP TO BECOME HAM

Postby mvs sarma » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Dear sooraj,

please study the info here
http://www.hamradio.in/amateur_radio/
Regards
Sarma
mvs sarma

Postby demetal » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi,

I need some help in filling the application... In the asol.zip file i downloaded there are two forms in which one form consist of a column requesting to fill the "Particulars of apparatus to be used "... but i dont know what should i write there...
Also do we need to send the 4 copies of the second application to the monitoring center along with the main application form..?

Regards
sooraj
1873*
demetal

Postby vu3cns » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:21 pm

demetal wrote:Hi,
In the asol.zip file i downloaded there are two forms in which one form consist of a column requesting to fill the "Particulars of apparatus to be used "... but i dont know what should i write there...
Also do we need to send the 4 copies of the second application to the monitoring center along with the main application form..?

Keep it blank, and 4 copies are required. You will get exemption from the theory part, but I suggest you to write it, because it may too easy for you, and getting exception requires additional paper works.
73's
CNS
vu3cns

Postby demetal » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:01 am

@vu3cns

Thanks for the support... i have my one last question.. from where will i get the information regarding the date and place of exams conducted by a particular monitoring center (eg Thiruvananthapuram)... Do we need to be filled details about this in part mentioned in the application form...?

Regards
Sooraj
1873*
demetal

Postby vu3cns » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:18 pm

demetal wrote:from where will i get the information regarding the date and place of exams conducted by a particular monitoring center (eg Thiruvananthapuram).
Sooraj

May be it depends on applications received, send your application to the monitoring station, and they will call for the exam and inform you the date. Also see http://www.hamradio.in/amateur_radio/#schedule
73's
CNS
vu3cns

can i apply examination

Postby engineersnet » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Good mornig,
I am from kerala now iam working in dubai, can apply and write exam , my leave time april 2013

A Rasheed
engineersnet

Return to ASOC examinations