• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

Frequency counter with prescaler

Discussion group on micro controllers, programming, and related..

Frequency counter with prescaler

Postby YO5VAE » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Hello. I have build the frequency counter, and now I would like to add a prescaler to it.
Does anyone have some asm or hex file for the frequency counter to be able to use it with a prescaler (1:128) or does someone knows how can I do it?
I want to add a prescaler so I can measure frequencies up to 2.5GHz.
YO5VAE

Re: Frequency counter with prescaler

Postby mvs sarma » Tue May 06, 2014 10:22 am

YO5VAE wrote:Hello. I have build the frequency counter, and now I would like to add a prescaler to it.
Does anyone have some asm or hex file for the frequency counter to be able to use it with a prescaler (1:128) or does someone knows how can I do it?
I want to add a prescaler so I can measure frequencies up to 2.5GHz.

Sorry for late reply, Y05VAE,
while i shall search for the link for, do you get the ">D" on second line automatically?
if so can you mail me a zipped copy of the hex mvssarma(at)gmail(dot)com ?
the counter has facility for selecting different timing for counting. we can try a lower time tike 64mS or 125mS, instead of direct count under ">D"

if you use add on board for the divider like SAB6456
Regards
Sarma
mvs sarma

Postby YO5VAE » Tue May 06, 2014 11:39 am

Thank you for the answer.
I`m now using a single line display, because I had some problems with the modified asm and the frequency counter didn`t performed as it should.
Now I`m using the hex file from this site, without any modifications. Still don`t know if it works correctly, because I didn`t connected the switches. I`m using it only as direct counting.
I suppose you need the asm file, and not the hex, for changing the timing, right?
Yesterday I have just ordered 2 pcs of UPP1505, which is a 3 GHZ 64/128/256 prescaler ic. This is what I will try to use.
YO5VAE

Postby mvs sarma » Sat May 10, 2014 6:00 pm

yes,
I do mean adjust the gate timing. I remember there are some timings already implemented in the asm
Perhaps you can change any one to another timing value to to suit your pre-scaler value.
Regards
Sarma
mvs sarma

Return to Micro controllers