• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

Mag Counter generated feedback.

Discussion group on micro controllers, programming, and related..

Mag Counter generated feedback.

Postby sprakashb » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:56 pm

I have built and tested the Mag counter using Cute PCB and 16F628 PIC and it works well except that the Input to the counter has 1 sec pulses which interfere with measurand. I traced it to a 2.5 mS pulse being generated on Pins 2 & 3 which goes through the transistor somehow and appears at the Input. Any help on how to take care of it ?

SP Bhatnagar
VU2SPF
sprakashb

Re: Mag Counter generated feedback.

Postby mvs sarma » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:52 pm

There were some minor errors i fear and i shall update it next week. Please pm me your address and you get a bare pcb newer version with green mask. I have three let still. you might only pay the courier /postal cost. Incidentally i have LC meter PCB (Phil rice version of Australia), and PICKIT2 pcb too.

Sorry . Pin 5 of PIC was found floating. please extend ground by a wire. many Gnd connections on Gnd plane are little thin. Some might have disappeared wile etching, please make up and it should work.

A revised artwork is attached in pdf for ready reference.
Attachments
magcounter_cute new Bottom.pdf
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
track corrections cute.PNG
track corrections cute.PNG (23.51 KiB) Viewed 5966 times
Regards
Sarma
mvs sarma

Re: Mag Counter generated feedback.

Postby mvs sarma » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:24 pm

if the schematic is studied, even if the program is pushing a 2.5mS pulse, it has to cross the 470 ohm resistor to reach collector and then to reach base it has to pass thro 47K or the collector-base junction. I somehow feel it peculiar.
we need to analyse.
Perhaps sprakashb has an oscilloscope and made the observation.
Regards
Sarma
mvs sarma

Return to Micro controllers