• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

DIY Spectrum Analyzer

Discuss and share your experience on homebrewing

DIY Spectrum Analyzer

Postby vu2sbf » Wed May 12, 2010 8:55 pm

I am trying to build SA and found the articale about "SA by Wes Hayward, W7ZOI, and Terry White, K7TAU ".

Any better design you know of, for a DIY SA??
vu2sbf

Re: DIY Spectrum Analyzer

Postby iw3sgg » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:30 am

vu2sbf wrote:I am trying to build SA and found the articale about "SA by Wes Hayward, W7ZOI, and Terry White, K7TAU ".

Any better design you know of, for a DIY SA??

Hi,
same year ago I try to build it but I lost the project because the VCO cost
55 euro !!!
Now I'm bulding the spectrum analyzer of S53MV Matiaz Vidmar:

http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/spectana/vco.html

Bye!
iw3sgg

Re: DIY Spectrum Analyzer

Postby Adair55 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:37 pm

I have used crowded RF spectrum, advances in digital modulation technology and ubiquitous wireless technology results in challenges in design, integration, characterization and troubleshooting.
Adair55

DIY Spectrum Analyzer

Postby AngelaNego » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:39 am

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a spectrum analyzer to add to my work bench, I work on mac and I can't justify buying a big expensive analyser by now so I'm looking into the USB scopes available now.

I want to be able to measure THD noise frequency response of circuits.
I'm modifying a console and I wan't to measure the specs before and after, and also how individual components change those specs.

I was getting excited by the QuantAsylum QA400 but they don't have any support for Mac so I have to look elsewhere.

There's a nice Lindos LA100 on eBay but for ?700 its out of my price range, although I can imagine it would be an investment and it would serve me for quite a some time; how does actually unit like Lindos compare with the cheaper analyzers?

I came across the BitScope which does support mac and it's for a good price, anyone have any opinions on their units? I'm not actually sure which one will suit me best as I already have a nice analog oscilloscope and I really only need an analyzer.

Are there any other considerations for an analyzer which will run on mac?

Thanks for any input

Hubert
AngelaNego

Return to Homebrewing