• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

How to become a ham

Ask 1000's of hams your question...

PUNE HAM

Postby kshitijm » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:09 pm

Can you tell me how and where I can enroll myself for getting the correct training and guidance for becomming a HAM.

Is there any club near to Shivaji nagar/Kothrud/Pashan area where I can get the training. I tried to download the morse code tutor from different sites- but of no use- can you suggest a site which really works.

Regards,

KSHITIJ MATHUR
9423234493
PUNE
kshitijm
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:05 pm

Re: PUNE HAM

Postby vu3cns » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:10 am

kshitijm wrote:Can you tell me how and where I can enroll myself for getting the correct training and guidance for becomming a HAM.

Is there any club near to Shivaji nagar/Kothrud/Pashan area where I can get the training. I tried to download the morse code tutor from different sites- but of no use- can you suggest a site which really works.

Please visit this link
http://www.hamradioindia.org/contact_us/?op=s_manual
73's
VU3CNS
vu3cns
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Calicut

Postby kshitijm » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:37 pm

Thnx Dear VU3CNS

A real good circuit to build- I do have a morse key and other resistors-remaining I will buy. IC seems to be a simple timer IC- hope wil be available in the market easily.

Can you tell me the address/phone number of any Pune HAM so that I can start immediately.

73's

KSHITIJ MATHUR
PUNE
Cell - 09423234493
kshitijm
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:05 pm

TIME REUIRED

Postby kshitijm » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Can somebody confirm the Morse Speed required for Grade- I exam??(I read somewhere it is now 8WPM sending and receiving)

I am about to appear for Grade -I

Also can someone (Recent Ham)tell the time taken for him to go through the entire cycle starting from appearing in Exam till the ticket in Hand?? (I have read many stories in which WPC has taken years for granting the license) I am very much positive and hope the situation is not the same now as it was earlier.

Kindly advise and Respond.

73

KSHITIJ MATHUR
kshitijm
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:05 pm

Re: TIME REUIRED

Postby vu3cns » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:55 pm

kshitijm wrote:Can somebody confirm the Morse Speed required for Grade- I exam??(I read somewhere it is now 8WPM sending and receiving)
KSHITIJ MATHUR


12WPM, see
http://www.hamradioindia.org/amateur_radio/#syllabus
vu3cns
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Calicut

Amateur Radio Service-Rules & Regulations

Postby desai_amogh » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:11 am

found this :

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Static/amateur.asp

these r the Amateur Radio Service-Rules & Regulations >> on the wpc website.

a. THE INDIAN WIRELESS TELEGRAPH (AMATEUR SERVICE) RULES, 1978
b. THE INDIAN WIRELESS TELEGRAPH (AMATEUR SERVICE) Amendment Rules, 2005
c. Article 25 of ITU RR (Amateur Service)
Amogh
+91 9823144405

Degen DE1103,Homebrewed 7 Mhz SSB rx,15m longwire.
Join me to spread this hobby at: http://www.electronicsforum.in
desai_amogh
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:12 am
Location: Pune/Goa

Postby dxunlimited » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:29 pm

With ref. to THE INDIAN WIRELESS TELEGRAPH (AMATEUR SERVICE) Amendment Rules, 2005, it is understood that currently there are only two categories of licence, Restricted and General are being offered by Govt.

Can anyone pls provide me the details syllabus for both the categories, as amended by Amendment Rules, 2005.
dxunlimited
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: Kolkata

Re:

Postby desai_amogh » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:38 am

dint find much info.. the wpc website does show a document

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/Para%202%20b.doc

but do signs of sylabus for the updated grades...
u might wana get in touch with ur wireless monitoring station & find more info abt it...
thts the only option..or some senior members might put some more light over this matter
found it here..
http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Static/amateur.asp

regards
Amogh
Amogh
+91 9823144405

Degen DE1103,Homebrewed 7 Mhz SSB rx,15m longwire.
Join me to spread this hobby at: http://www.electronicsforum.in
desai_amogh
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:12 am
Location: Pune/Goa

@ Amogh

Postby dxunlimited » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:23 am

Thanks!
[SAND!PAN]
dxunlimited
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: Kolkata

Do we need a license for using Handheld Two Way Radio?

Postby Raydeo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:43 pm

Greetings,

Do we need any license to use a Hand held Two Way Radio in India. i.e., something like Walkie Takie. I am interested in buying this product from Motorolla. I been through the Indian Government license documents, forums and websites, but it is all very confusing and I could not find information pertinent to this kind of radios. :( Please help me.

http://www.motorola2wayradios.com/sx-700-radio.html

Image

Thanks a ton for all the help.
Raydeo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 pm

About the licence

Postby srikanthk » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:59 pm

hi guys,

Could any with the license please clarify this question on my mind.. I live in hyderabad but my native palce in near khamman. So is a HAM operator licence tied to the peron only or to the transmitting location also?
If i apply for licence in hyderabad, am I permitted to use the same from another location?

Thanks in advance.
srikanthk
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm

Postby vu3cns » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:08 pm

srikanthk wrote:So is a HAM operator licence tied to the peron only or to the transmitting location also?

Both
srikanthk wrote:If i apply for licence in hyderabad, am I permitted to use the same from another location?


No. But You can Change the location if required.
vu3cns
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Calicut

Postby srikanthk » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:25 pm

Thanks.. that clears up a few things.
srikanthk
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm

hey vu3vwr

Postby akinich » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:33 pm

hi vu3vwr where do you live in chennai
can i have your contact number
i live on harrington road
please reply
thanks
akinich
:D :) :( :o 8O :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:
akinich
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Do we need a license for using Handheld Two Way Radio?

Postby surbhit » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Raydeo wrote:Greetings,

Do we need any license to use a Hand held Two Way Radio in India. i.e., something like Walkie Takie. I am interested in buying this product from Motorolla. I been through the Indian Government license documents, forums and websites, but it is all very confusing and I could not find information pertinent to this kind of radios. :( Please help me.

http://www.motorola2wayradios.com/sx-700-radio.html

Thanks a ton for all the help.

license Required ? please someone answer ? i have similar item but 0.5w RF power
surbhit
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to Help desk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests