• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

BiTx 20

Ask 1000's of hams your question...

BiTx 20

Postby engineer » Mon May 03, 2010 7:02 am

Sir
I am a newbie to these forums.I have just completed my studies.Now i am planning to become a member in the ham radio community.As a pioneer step, i would like to build a BITX 20.So that a can hear thereby enjoying the actual pleasure of this hobby.i have never came across a guy with license.just have seen many youtube vids..thats all.
Anyway i am residing in Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala).If any of the dear near ham friends are happy to help,then that wolld be great
Oh.. i have deviated a little bit.i have prior experience in PCB making(Using the TT method).If somebody have the PCB layout for Bitx , then kindly hehp me.I came across some layouts.but one has a missing ground plane and the other one by OM Rahul has the component overlay.I need the solder side actual size layout of the bitx PCB designed by OM RAHUL. I got a layout from FAR ckts also.But the track seems thin and also lengthy.Even the PCB is large compared to the former.So i prefer rahul ji's pcb.
if somebody have bare pcb(i need transceiver pcb only.no amplifier) for the same for sale.Then i will be happy to have that.I will pay for it.

But if i get the layout.My only expense will be

Cu clad=20/-
laser print=2/-
BINGO!

Thank you friends
73's y'll
:D
engineer

Re: BiTx 20

Postby mohanmathew » Tue May 04, 2010 2:01 am

engineer wrote:[b]Sir
I am a newbie to these forums.I have just completed my studies.Now i am planning to become a member in the ham radio community.As a pioneer step, i would like to build a BITX 20.So that a can hear thereby enjoying the actual pleasure of this hobby.i have never came across a guy with license.

please get a License to build and operate Amateur radio station. It is mandatory.
73's De VU3MMU - Mohan Mathew
ICOM IC-V82, HomeBrew - BITx 20/40m 10W!
mohanmathew

Postby engineer » Tue May 04, 2010 6:55 am

Is a License necessary for hearing ham signals?
I want to build only the receiver of bitx.oh i think i failed to mention it clearly in my above post.Also i think the best way to get a receiver is to homebrew.I thought the bitx rx will be a nice start for me.I just want to build a superhet RX with nomonal characteristics + importantly LOW COST.
engineer

Postby mohanmathew » Tue May 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Is a License necessary for hearing ham signals?
I want to build only the receiver of bitx.oh i think i failed to mention it clearly in my above post.Also i think the best way to get a receiver is to homebrew.I thought the bitx rx will be a nice start for me.I just want to build a superhet RX with nomonal characteristics + importantly LOW COST.

It is not necessary to get a license for listening. But if you are a Engg graduate only Morse code part is required as an examination, means you can easily get license if you are eligible. I advice you to get in touch with local HAMs, they will guide you for sure.
73's De VU3MMU - Mohan Mathew
ICOM IC-V82, HomeBrew - BITx 20/40m 10W!
mohanmathew

Postby engineer » Tue May 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Certainly i will try for license.Also i want to build a receiver.I am planning to build the RX part of Bitx.I am rather interested in building pcb than the manhattan style construction.If any one have the PCB layout,please share with me.
thanks mohanmathew for his advice :D
engineer

Postby vu3wjm » Wed May 05, 2010 10:59 am

Hi!

Drop a direct mail for layout info: lkorahul@yahoo.com

PCB readymade can be purchased from VU3SUA. Assembly manual and layouts can be had from Leonard's site.

73's

Rahul VU3WJM
vu3wjm

Postby engineer » Wed May 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Mail sent to lkorahul@yahoo.com
Thank you for your reply sir :D
engineer

Postby vu2bpw » Fri May 14, 2010 8:21 am

hi mr. engineer,

search the "bitx20" yahoo group. and become a member of this group. in the group bitx pcb layout is there. you get that pcb layaout and built yourself a pcb ......

but remember , only receiving part.........;) ;) ;)

arnab/vu2bpw
vu2bpw

Re: BiTx 20

Postby dayaaol » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:18 am

Hai Friends This is Dayanandhan From Tirupattur. I have written and passed the exam . so now i am building only receiving section of BITX20 v3 almost done all the blocks except BPF
I have soldered the BPF circuit and now i have some trouble in tuning the IFT so please help me how to tune IFT whats are the main equipments to be required and what type of antenna can be used for this rxr for antenna please post photo if available with length parameters
73's
dayaaol

Return to Help desk