• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

DRM Transmissions by AIR Delhi

Talk about pretty much anything here, although check the categories below..

Postby desai_amogh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Dear Mr Sarma..

Could you produce a circuit diagram for me for a 455 Khz to convert to around 13-15Khz .. my Old computer gave me a lot of interference even while normal DXing.. now I have replaced the computer with better spcs towards interference... and im now started DXing again...

BTW i was unable to find a power adapter for Sony ICF7600G.. the issue is adapter is avilable but not with the kind of connecter my rx requires.. could you tell me what you use for your ICF 11 ??
Amogh
+91 9823144405

Degen DE1103,Homebrewed 7 Mhz SSB rx,15m longwire.
Join me to spread this hobby at: http://www.electronicsforum.in
desai_amogh

Postby mvs sarma » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:56 pm

basically , desai jee, please change and provide a new contact number so that i could reach you.
even in the latest post or in the email you sent me today
the numbers are not answered by you and they said they dont know Amogh.

you can take any linear power supply say 12V with an openable (screwed type) box. then you can add a linear regulator to get the voltage your radio needs.
for example if you need 8V ,
the 12V DC regulator can have a 7805 regulator inside, with suitable heatsink.

my SONY ICF-sw11 doesn't need a regulator as I always use it with two AA cells.

now the days of 12KHz conversion etc are old. the best is the elektor may2007 sdr design
please see the info i gave on "sale" section.
if that interests you , you can reach me indicating your phone number, and i can call you.
Regards
Sarma
mvs sarma

DC JACK FOR SONY ICF7600GR

Postby vmholla » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Please follow the link http://www.mdrelectronics.com/productdi ... sp?PID=273 for the DC jack required for sony ICF7600GR
regards,
mahesh

desai_amogh wrote:Dear Mr Sarma..

Could you produce a circuit diagram for me for a 455 Khz to convert to around 13-15Khz .. my Old computer gave me a lot of interference even while normal DXing.. now I have replaced the computer with better spcs towards interference... and im now started DXing again...

BTW i was unable to find a power adapter for Sony ICF7600G.. the issue is adapter is avilable but not with the kind of connecter my rx requires.. could you tell me what you use for your ICF 11 ??
vmholla

Postby desai_amogh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:27 pm

@ Sarmajee.

I Had one digit incorrect in my previous email.. I feel you shud now get it right, as I have.

@vmholla

Thanks much for the link. Ill soon get in touch with the dealer in Pune and revert.
Amogh
+91 9823144405

Degen DE1103,Homebrewed 7 Mhz SSB rx,15m longwire.
Join me to spread this hobby at: http://www.electronicsforum.in
desai_amogh

Re: DRM Transmissions by AIR Delhi

Postby Bejoy » Tue May 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Dear All,
I happened to run the Dream software after a while and could not get it working. I got AIR Khampur locked but the audio is not decoded (says No codec available) even though I placed the faad2_aac.dll in the same folder. (also renamed it to multiple names). The BBC station also has the same effect.

Just wanted to check if it works for you all. May be I am missing something.

Running HDSDR with VUSDR (Peaberry SDR derivative)

Thanks,
Bejoy
Bejoy

Re: DRM Transmissions by AIR Delhi

Postby t495 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:13 pm

I have not done anything on SDR, and of course on DRM as well :) , but my opinion is that you have got a compatibility issue with your Dream and SDR softare. I could be wrong too.

In South India, not sure if AIR Khampur as you say, can be get locked, but do you have a transmission schedule or program list including BBC with you? I would like to carry out a test run using a converter.
t495

Previous

Return to General Amateur Discussion