• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

Query for HAM license exam in Delhi!!

Talk about pretty much anything here, although check the categories below..

Query for HAM license exam in Delhi!!

Postby A753951852 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:58 am

Hey people..

I am extremely sorry for raising this topic again ,as this topic has been raised time and time again before, but sadly I haven't been able to get all the information I require :cry: ,

I have been looking up ham radio theory for a while now , and I want to appear for the restricted license exam,Few questions that come to my mind ,

1. Do I have to learn Morse Code while appearing for restricted license exam?
2. Are there training centres in Delhi where I can get all the hands on knowledge regarding the theory and the specific hardware ?

Please help me out !!!!
Thanks,
Ashok Pai :)
A753951852

Re: Query for HAM license exam in Delhi!!

Postby vu3cns » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:47 pm

A753951852 wrote:1. Do I have to learn Morse Code while appearing for restricted license exam?
2. Are there training centres in Delhi where I can get all the hands on knowledge regarding the theory and the specific hardware ?

1. No
2. VU2ARD is a club in Delhi, may helpful to you.
vu3cns

Postby A753951852 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:08 am

3. Can I buy a hand held ham radio on-line without the license and apply for the license after getting the delivery ?
4. Can I it use anywhere in the country ?
(I am a avid biker and go on long tours with my friends and most of the places we go ,there usually isn't a cell phone network , can I use it while riding and communicate with my mates ?)
5. Is there any special formality or license to use it as a packet ham for sending electronic computer data over the ham radio?

Thanks.. 8) :)
A753951852

Postby vu3cns » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:29 pm

A753951852 wrote:3. Can I buy a hand held ham radio on-line without the license and apply for the license after getting the delivery ?
4. Can I it use anywhere in the country ?
(I am a avid biker and go on long tours with my friends and most of the places we go ,there usually isn't a cell phone network , can I use it while riding and communicate with my mates ?)
5. Is there any special formality or license to use it as a packet ham for sending electronic computer data over the ham radio?

As far as I know, the answers are:
3. No.
4. No, unless you take special permission for mobile, you may get it for a maximum of 6 months.
5. No
vu3cns

Return to General Amateur Discussion