• FORUM
  • LOGIN
  • ADVERTISE

DRM

Talk about pretty much anything here, although check the categories below..

DRM

Postby t495 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:35 am

Hi,
Anybody have a list of current DRM broadcasting in India on shortwave and medium wave, latest 2015?

Did they already start simulcast in medium wave? I guess in Bengaluru it's there. And any news on future plans. As per the plan they planned commissioning of simulcast of many MW transmitters across India by 2015. Is this really going on as per plan?

Any of you homebrewed a DRM receiver or a converter? and how was that experience. Is there a DRM chip around for homebrewing.
t495

Re: DRM

Postby mvs sarma » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:40 pm

you are perhaps talking of year 2013. Later general elections, new govt, their own policy--- we need to see whether the present govt would install drm with same speed . however, who would listen except ham guys and few others. Suitable radio Receiver costs a moon as on date.

no point in government claiming technological progress that general public cant use.

I suppose we need more water and good power supply instead of Internet and drm , even after 65 years of independence.
Regards
Sarma
mvs sarma

Postby t495 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Hello Mr. Sarma! And thanks for your thoughts.

So perhaps the process is delayed,the analysis looks bad, they should have targeted it for a switchover by 10years instead. If you happen to receive any shortwave drm then let me know please

EDIT: For the cost of drm receivers you pointed out, I would say, initially we pay for the technology :wink: , later it wouldn't cost more than that of a low cost dsp radio.
t495

Postby murphy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:09 pm

There is a new DRM transmitter on air on 1458 kHz.

This was observed in England at midnight UTC but keeps fading in and out. currently mislaid my DRM radio so cannot check.
murphy

Return to General Amateur Discussion